10 Things You Didn’t Know About ScandalPublished on April 29, 2015. Updated April 3, 2017
“Scandal” is one of the best shows out there. It’s smart, entertaining and full of suspense. While some critics were initially a little unsure of the show when it first debuted, the second season convinced all of the naysayers that this is a show worth watching. The fourth season will be coming to a close in less than a month and we’re excited to see what happens. Since the show has garnered millions of fans worldwide, we thought now would be a good time to see how much we actually know about the show and its fabulous cast. Here are 10 things you didn’t kow about “Scandal!”
10. Shonda Rimes, who is the creator and executive producer of “Scandal,” also wrote the screenplay for Britney Spears’ film debut “Crossroads.”
9. Columbus Short – who plays Harrison Wright – didn’t have to audition for the role – it was just given to him.
8. Gabrielle Union and Taraji P. Henson auditioned for the role Kerry Washington, but lost out to Kerry Washington.
7. Kate Burton – who plays Vice President Sally Langston – is the daughter of actor Richard Burton, who was one of Elizabeth Taylor’s many ex husbands.Carol Kaelson / © ABC / Courtesy: Everett Collection
6. Darby Stanchfield – who plays Abby Whelan – was also a guest star on “Mad Men.” Betty Draper slapped her character in the supermarket during season one.
5. The third season of “Scandal” was cut short because of Kerry Washington’s pregnancy.
4. Khandi Alexander landed the role of Maya Lewis without having to audition for it.Kelsey McNeal/©ABC/courtesy Everett Collection
3. “Scandal” is shot entirely in Los Angeles with fake backdrops of Washington D.C.
2. Columbus Short was the choreographer for Britney Spears’ Onyx Hotel Tour.
1. In 2013, Time Magazine listed Olivia Pope – played by Kerry Washington – as the second most influential fictional character.Richard Cartwright/©ABC/courtesy Everett Collection