Celebrities React To Death Of Robin WilliamsPublished on August 12, 2014.
Art Streiber/CBS© 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc.
(LOS ANGELES) — Celebrities are igniting social media with reactions to the death of beloved actor Robin Williams.
English actress Minnie Driver, who famously played alongside Williams in Good Will Hunting, tweeted, “My Heart’s broken. Robin was a beautiful, kind soul. Can’t bear that he’s gone. So incredibly sorry for his family.”
Steve Martin posted to Twitter, “I could not be more stunned by the loss of Robin Williams, mensch, great talent, acting partner, genuine soul.”
Ben Stiller wrote on Twitter, “A tweet cannot begin to describe the hugeness of Robin Williams heart and soul and talent. This is so sad. OK, I’ll try. I met him when I was 13 and a huge fan and he was so kind and I watched him be kind to every fan i ever saw him with. And with other actors he was so generous and brilliant. He made everyone feel special and equal around him even though he was the genius. His heart was so big and even if you didn’t know him, what he gave everyone was that same spirit in his work, so we all felt it. His impact on the world was so positive. He did so much good for people. He made me and so many people laugh so hard for a very long time.”
Pam Dawber, Williams’ co-star on Mork & Mindy, said in a statement, “I am completely and totally devastated. What more can be said?!”
Here are more celebrity reactions to Williams’ death:
- Steve Carell: “Robin Williams made the world a little bit better. RIP.”
- Kevin Spacey: “Robin Williams made the world laugh & think. I will remember & honor that. A great man, artist and friend. I will miss him beyond measure.”
- Ellen DeGeneres: “I can’t believe the news about Robin Williams. He gave so much to so many people. I’m heartbroken.”
- Katie Couric: “The world has lost a comic genius & huge talent. Interviewing Robin Williams was like taking the wildest roller coaster ride of your life.”
- Larry King: “Sorry to learn of the tragic death of Robin Williams. Spent a lot of time with him. Even performed with him in San Francisco. So sad.”
- Henry Winkler: “Robin Williams was like no other ..To watch him create on the spot was a privilege to behold.. Robin you are an angel now !!! REST IN PEACE”
- Brad Paisley: “Devastated right now. Loved you Robin”
- Jared Leto: “Thank you to the beautifully original + brave artist that is #RobinWilliams. You taught us how to stand on the edge, fearless, + shine.”
- Carson Daly: “In shock about Robin Williams. Praying for his family and hoping his soul finds peace. It’s just so sad and hard to fathom.”
- Sharon Osbourne: “The entire Osbourne Family is grieving the loss of a kind, funny, generous and talented man, Robin Williams.”
- Josh Groban: “Stunned. Devastated. I treasure my time with him. Robin was and will always be an original and a brilliant kind soul.”
- Kelly Clarkson: “Devastating finding out about @robinwilliams today. He was an amazing talent and incredibly sweet. So sad.”
- Pink: “My prayers + sad heart are with Robin Williams’ family tonight. Only met him once, but it was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life RIP.”
- Billy Idol: “Stunned to hear about Robin Williams death… he made us laugh so much! 🙁 #restinpeace”
- Chris Daughtry: “A great talent lost. Very sad news. #robinwilliams was one of the most versatile comedians of our time.”
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
Sarah Michelle posted a number of photos of their time on the set of The Crazy Ones.